Nodwin Gaming Freaks 4 you
Gaming News

Nodwin Gaming acquires Germany’s Freaks 4U Gaming for Rs 271 crore

In a significant move, NODWIN Gaming, a subsidiary of Nazara Technologies, has announced the complete acquisition of Berlin-based esports powerhouse Freaks 4U Gaming. This acquisition, valued at Rs 271 crore, will be completed in phases through a share swap agreement. The deal is set to significantly boost NODWIN’s revenue and expand its reach in the global esports market.

This strategic acquisition, facilitated by NODWIN’s Singapore-based subsidiary, NODWIN Gaming International, promises to be a game-changer for the Indian esports powerhouse. Initially holding a 13.51% stake in Freaks 4U Gaming, NODWIN will incrementally increase its ownership to 57% immediately, with plans to acquire the remaining 43%—currently held by the company’s founders Michael Haenisch, Matthias Remmert, and Jens Enders—at a later stage.

Freaks 4U Gaming, known for its comprehensive agency services and solutions tailored for brands and publishers, reported a robust topline revenue of Rs 223 crore in 2023. The acquisition aligns with NODWIN Gaming’s ambition to enhance its capabilities in PC gaming, publishing support services, and market execution.

Akshay Rathee, Co-founder of NODWIN Gaming, expressed his enthusiasm for the acquisition, stating, “This acquisition is a pivotal step in our global growth strategy. By integrating Freaks 4U Gaming’s expertise and resources, we are poised to deliver unparalleled services and expand our global footprint in the gaming and esports industries.

Since NODWIN’s initial investment in January 2024, the two companies have collaborated closely, particularly on high-profile projects like the PUBG Mobile Global Open and the Esports World Cup (EWC). The deeper integration following this acquisition is expected to further bolster NODWIN’s operational strength and expand its reach into both developed and emerging markets.

The transaction also brings about significant changes for Freaks 4U Gaming’s existing investors, including co-investors FRE and Game.Fin S.R.L., who will now hold shares in NODWIN’s Singapore unit. This consolidation of talent and resources positions NODWIN Gaming as a formidable player on the global esports stage, ready to leverage Freaks 4U Gaming’s established market presence and expertise.

As the esports industry continues to thrive, this acquisition marks a crucial milestone in NODWIN Gaming’s journey to becoming a global leader in the sector.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *